Monday 27 April 2015

St Werbergs City Farm Cafe, Bristol


Poppy Stained Glass in St Werbergs City Farm Cafe
Handmade Pickles and preserves
My little Alex enjoying Marmite on Sourdough Toast
St Werbergs City Farm Cafe

This is a bit of an impromptu post so I am afraid the photos are not the best quality (had trouble getting them off instagram) but I thought it was about time I showed off some of the beautiful places I visit in my home city Bristol, England..... this morning I was at St Werbergs cafe and the inspiration hit me to snap a few photos of my favorite cafe...

St Werbergs Farm cafe is one of my all time favorites. St Werbergs City Farm cafe is a 5 minute walk from my house and is accessible by a small cycle path that passes through allotments and a nature walk. It is such a beautiful walk that feels like being in the countryside, even through it is in the center of one of Englands big cities.

The cafe is a hobbit-esque building with handmade windows, countertops and tables, a newly added wood burning stove, hanging plants, batik print upholstery, hanging plants, lovely staff and the most beautiful shaggy dog.... The food is super awesome as well, with many of the fresh ingredients coming from the farm and its lands, and served in  St Werbergs Local Steve Carter's own pottery!!

Not only is the Cafe pretty awesome but over the road is the City Farm itself, I take Alex there now but have been going there for 10 years.... I have a bit of a thing for Goats... I would love one :)

3 comments:

moonpoppy said...

It looks like it could be a place in middle earth,how special to have such a place so close to your home.( And how cool that your son enjoys marmite!I am dutch and marmite isn't something we eat a lot around here,I don't think my boys would want to eat it!)

GlassOrnaments said...

I can't believe such a great place is less than 5km from here! I just love the naturally shaped wooden windows. Am going there pronto!

Supremily said...

I love this place! My lovely friend Susan works on the farm :-)