Tuesday 22 September 2015

Current Obsession: Banners from Secret Holiday Co


You may recognize the 'Be Kind' banner from Sundays House Tour of Rebecca Williams' bohemian  abode.... There was plenty to love about the tour and these banners really caught my eye. I would love one for Alex's room!

These vintage style affirmation banners are hand made by Ashley Brown Durand of Secret Holiday Co. About her work Ashley Says

"I have a soft spot for all things old and historic, especially when it comes to textiles and the handcrafts of women from the late 1800's and early 1900's. When I'm not creating something new, I'm probably rummaging through thrift shops, antique stores, and flea markets, and pouring over books about historic quilts or the Woman's Suffrage Movement. Though I love nature and being outside, I would much prefer to visit a history museum than go for a hike.  

I learned to quilt at a young age, a labor of love that has been passed down by the women in my family for generations. I believe each piece I create is an extension of the first quilt my mother taught me to stitch, and the first that my mother's mother taught her to stitch and so on."

 


2 comments:

Boho Mixology said...

I LOVE those banners, i have had my eye on a couple for a while. Just need to save up some pennies for them now :)

Zoe xxx

Laura Morrigan said...

Lovely idea!